Sunday 27 January 2013

Making time is hard

Just a swift muse on the difficulties of writing routines today...Have you ever noticed how hard it is to be efficient in every area of your life at once? Something is always escaping me...the housework, most often, because I dislike the thought of it, but then, until it's done, it hampers everything else too, dampening my creativity and enthusiasm.

Sometimes, being in control of something unrelated to writing will give me such a confidence boost, I find my fingers can't fly fast enough over the keyboard.

I'm suffering from a bit of both at the moment, and feeling generally out of control of everything! I remember the productivity when I sat down and planned my day carefully the evening before, prioritising my writing, and I'm going to try it again, else I'll never find time for me. But I also need to prioritise the children, my husband, losing baby weight (nearly a year later)...and I need to do five extra hours of paid work this week, too.

Sometimes it seems that anything as reassuring and productive as a routine is beyond my grasp. I wonder how other writers force themselves to focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment