Wednesday 2 May 2012

Yawning in a good cause

Yesterday was a good day, and I ended up spending the evening rewriting my latest short story, and when that was done, I still had some oomph left (I know, how did that happen?) so I carried on with my Grandad's life story, and finished it, at last.

 'Finished' may be an exaggeration.  There are a few points to clarify with my family, and then, in an ideal world, I would like to publish it with blurb.com so that I can have a 'real' copy for my sisters and parents and Grandma (that's Christmas sorted then - and it's only just May!). I'm not yet 100% sure that I'll handle the challenges of formatting it, and fiddling with it, though. 

But, five years after he died, it's as complete as I can make it at this second in time.  Big fat tick on my to-do list, I think.  Does it matter that I didn't finish until 1am, and then the baby woke at 3.15, and stayed up until nearly 5am? Apparently not.  I'm existing on adrenaline today, and will catch up on sleep tonight. If I could make it a habit, just think what I could achieve in writing...but I'm afraid I'd be a pretty unpleasant Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment